Brake Booster Notes
FIAT used a 7” Girling Mk2A Brake Servo in the cabriolets.
This booster (in various forms) was widely used in other european cars of the same era, including:
- Many british cars (Rover, Aston-Martin DB5, Lotus Elan, Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger)
- Alfa 2600
- Volvo P1800
- Lamborghini 350,400,3500GT, Espada, Islero, Jarama, Miura
- Maserati Mexico, Mistral, 3500
- An excellent article: Servo Assistance (Practical Classics Magazine, January 1994)
- Booster Rebuilding the Girling Brake Booster Assembly by Jack Riddell of the Vintage Lamborghini mailing list
- Instructions from a rebuild kit.
- Rebuilding The Girling Mk2 Servo
- Brake Servos - As New
- Tiger Brake Tech Tips
Parts and Rebuilding Services
The Girling MkIIb is fairly old technology, and will require periodic rebuilding. Due to the wide number of applications of this booster, conversion kits to Lockheed or PBR units are available. One of these kits might be applicable to the FIAT. If anyone has tried this, please let me know so I can post more information.