7/29/2007: Battery Box 2

I had originally planned on repairing the existing battery box, making a new bottom for it and patching the side that was most rusted.

However, a while back I came across a brand new replacement box in a batch of parts I purchased. So I decided to just use that instead.

To remove the old one, I bent up the edges and used a drill and air chisel to cut the spot welds:

Here’s the old and new box side by side:

You can see that there are some slight differences, but it’s close enough to be well worth using.

I had to fabricate a small patch to replace one rusted area that the box attached to:

I’ll weld the new box in after I finish a few other things on the car.